Have you ever experience that cozy feeling of being at home and suddenly craving something sweet? Well, look no further because this mango sorbet does not disappoint!
Since my family absolutely adores this delicious treat, I wanted to spread the love and share it with you as well. It's a tasty delight that is sure to bring joy to your taste buds!
Here's a simple recipe for making mango sorbet using frozen mango, honey, and lime juice:
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup honey (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Place the frozen mango chunks, honey, and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
2. If the mixture is too thick to blend smoothly, add a little water gradually, about 1/4 cup at a time, until you achieve a smooth consistency. Be careful not to add too much water to avoid diluting the flavors.
3. Blend the ingredients until they are well combined and form a creamy sorbet-like texture. Pause and scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
4. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey if desired.
5. Once blended, transfer the mango sorbet mixture to a shallow dish or an airtight container.
6. Cover the dish/container and place it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours or until the sorbet is firm.
7. When ready to serve, allow the sorbet to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly, making it easier to scoop.
8. Serve the mango sorbet in bowls or cones and enjoy its refreshing flavors!
Note: To make the experience even more delightful, our family had a special trick. After scooping the mango sorbet into halves, we saved the mango shells and placed them back into the freezer To firm up. Once the sorbet was perfectly frozen, we took them out of the freezer, ready to be enjoyed. It's a fun and creative way to savor the sorbet in its natural mango shell.
If you decide to give this recipe a try, I would be thrilled to hear about your experience and how it turned out for you!